Friday 27 July 2012

Crud I keep in my flight bag

I’m flying straight after work today so had to bring my flight bag in. Mine is very small at the moment. Soon I will have to carry a lot more crud than I currently do and will need a bigger bag. Here’s what I have so far:
·         Headset – very expensive, mildly uncomfortable. Essential for hearing ATC and Bob.
·         Sunglasses – I may need new ones, these don’t sit under the headset too well.
·         Kneeboard – highly unsexy thing that straps around your thigh. Folds out in three sections. Mine currently has a Toronto VTA chart, a clipboard with scrap paper and my E6b on it. Along with a pen and pencil.
·         Glasses – I wear contact lenses, so regs state I have to keep a spare pair of glasses with me. Apparently Transport Canada can and do check to see if you are complying. I suspect if I ever get as far as my flight test. It’ll be the first thing the examiner asks me.
·         Tissues – good for cleaning oil and fuel drips off of you.  I still come back from lessons smelling like a mechanic.
·         Lip balm – the mike and dry air irritate my lips. I use this as a barrier.
·         Bag of skittles – at 4500ft is not the time to be suffering from low blood sugar.
·         Wallet – to pay for the lesson (Ouch!)
·         Keys – so I can get back home

No comments:

Post a Comment