Tuesday 17 July 2012

“I’m just not used to feeling this stupid”

A fantastic quote from a fellow Ground School sufferer.  It just about sums up the way I feel at the moment. I’m used to being smart. At the moment I’m anything but. Stress does funny things to you. For me, it seems to rob me of the ability to do basic math. And by basic I really do mean basic , highlights so far include failing to be able to calculate what 10% of a 300 fpm descent was and multiplying 6 by 2 to get 18.  When I’m multitasking in the plane, Bob can ask me an innocuously simple question like “so how can we make this thing go faster ?” and I react with the stereotypical “deer in headlights” panic-stricken glare before following his gaze gently down to the throttle; DOH!
I wish Bob could see me in Nav class where I was actually showing my fellow sufferers how to get a rough answer in their head so they could at least tell if the answer on their E6b looked right. I can actually count up to more than 10! Honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment