Friday 6 July 2012

My thumb is exactly 2.5 miles wide

At least on the  chart I use for this area. Apparently this fact will become vitally important when I start doing proper navigation. It would seem that aiming the plane for the big pointy thing* only works in a relatively small area of the country!
*(Even with this very obvious landmark, I still have difficulty seeing exactly where I’m meant to go. I know it sounds odd but everything looks really different from the air. I haven’t quite tried to land on the Leslie Street spit but I suspect it could have been close!)

2 comments:

  1. I always thought you had small hands - how wrong can one be?

    Though I guess it depends against what you're measuring them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Thanks for dropping by . I will link to your blog just as soon as I figure out how , I promise!
      WMAP

      Delete